• Start each day with a positive thought. Think of something that you are excited for about the day, whether it’s completing a big project that’s been on your mind for awhile, or giving yourself a mani-pedi, or even picking up a latte at your favorite coffee shop.
• Visit with a friend one-on-one. Invite your friend over for coffee. Keep the food simple, and the conversation real.
• Dress up for every day occasions. If you’re planning to be home all day, it’s easy to stay in pajamas or just barely make it into jeans and a sweatshirt. But why not choose a dressy outfit? I promise it will make you feel classy and fabulous!
• Realize that it’s okay to be happy with a calm life. In all the excitement of the new year, it’s easy to get caught up in making lots of resolutions and various changes in your life. But go slowly. Don’t be hasty in adding more activities to your schedule. It’s perfectly okay to live a calm life, too, and to be content with it.
• Make the little things in your life beautiful. For example, there is no way to completely escape washing dishes, so instead, make it more glamorous by using pretty dish cloths and towels. Since we stopped using our dishwasher, we’ve been able to put our stash of pretty dish towels to use.
We will be sharing Part Two of this post with you on Monday!
Thank you for visiting A Homespun Country Life!
~Kerstin, Elisabeth, and Gabrielle